Saturday, January 8, 2011

If my day was Status Updates...



... It usually is.

I'm still drying out from Thursday night when a small child decided his entire amount of bath water looked better on me than it did in the tub.

Even when you love somebody a whole lot, being human means you still have the capability of yelling at them when you're covered in their bath water and drowning in their screaming.

Chinatown. Underground restaurants.
Much funner when you're with people who look Asian and speak Cantonese. Oh, and 'Vegetable DELUXE' means there is tofu in it.

Fireworks are legal in China, therefore also legal in Chinatown. Dark Alleys are the best places to dance in the flames, sparks and smoke, like excited 4 year-olds. People look on with one of two expressions - disdain or jealousy. I suspect even the disdainful looks are masking jealousy.

Saturday morning is always marked with waking up to some kind of catastrophe occurring between children upstairs. Then the glorious feeling of knowing that I do not have to fix it.
Herbivore Earthly Grill (Valencia @ 21st) is my most favorite late breakfast place on a Saturday. Today I ordered a Southwestern. Its a tofu scramble served beside black beans, freshly made organic salsa & guacamole, vegan sour cream, house potatoes and corn bread. Delicioso.

I think I just saw Benjamin Gibbard at a cross walk. I know, San Francisco is a city full of Benjamin Gibbard look-alikes. But I wish it really was him. What I wouldn't give to have coffee w
ith his genius.

I just saw a girl walking a shivering, grey, one-eyed chihuahua. What I wouldn't give to own such a cool dog. I wonder what I would call him? Probably Brian, or Kevin, or Gary, or Colin, or Phil or something.

In a Lesbian coffee bar, it would appear. Severe lack of males, and I've mistaken at least 2 girls to be guys - only noticing they were women when they spoke. A guy walked in, demanded in a loud voice that the owner open the bathroom for him & she let out some severe male-hate in his general direction. Awkward turtle.

Oh, Saturday. You inspire me to do everything, yet nothing all at the same time. I
am in love with your possibilities. I'm either going to sew a dress, save the world, write a song, climb a mountain or watch TV. Just after I squander the next ten minutes on YouTube.






No comments:

Post a Comment